The Food, Wine and Agribusiness Sector Plan is an industry-led strategy, developed by Primary Producers South Australia, the South Australian Wine Industry Association and Food South Australia in partnership with the Government of South Australia.
Food, wine and agribusiness is a large and diverse sector covering primary production (grains, dairy, horticulture, livestock, viticulture, fishing, aquaculture and forestry), and processing of these products into food and beverages, wine and fibre. Primary production is a key economic contributor to our regional economies and the vibrancy of regional communities.
What is the Plan for growth?
The Food, Wine and Agribusiness Sector Plan will stimulate an ambitious growth agenda to contribute revenues of $23 billion by 2030 to the South Australian economy. Growth State aims to achieve an increase in Gross State Product (GSP) to an average annual rate of 3% per annum.
This will be achieved through:
- Productivity and innovation especially the adoption of new agricultural technologies
- Increasing processing and manufacturing
- Growing business capacity and expanding the skilled workforce
- Improving digital and supply chain infrastructure
- Creating new market opportunities and expanding market access
- Ensuring sustainable access to resources and encouraging clean, smart production
- Growing the operating environment through collaboration and cost reduction.
The Plan identifies six key priorities:
- Grow productivity
- Grow people
- Grow infrastructure
- Grow markets
- Grow sustainability
- Grow the operating environment
Get a copy of the Plan
What the Plan aims to do
The plan aims to:
- Provide direction and focus for industry and government on areas of potential growth
- Bring together the food, wine and agribusiness sector to focus on common opportunities
- Build on existing industry plans and blueprints that are already developed or underway
- Demonstrate the importance of food, wine and agribusiness in South Australia and its significance as a major export sector
- Seek future opportunities for growth and innovation.
How the Plan was created
This Food, Wine and Agribusiness Plan is led by industry partners and has brought together some of the common themes included in a number of existing Food, Wine and Agribusiness industry sub-sector plans and blueprints as well as opportunities identified through the Growth State consultation process.